Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dear Janiac


For several years now, I have been awestruck by the civil war era quilt. So, I decided to make one and have become a Janiac! The blocks are tiny and there are 5606 pieces to the quilt! Hope I make it! I'll keep you posted!
There are 13 vertical rows and 13 horizontal rows. Each horizontal row is given a letter A-M and each vertical row is given a number 1-13. Using a grid, each block is then given a code. For instance, the upper left block is A-1, the next one is A-2 and so on.
When I first got the materials a couple of weekends ago, I made A-1 and !-2, which were tough, but not too bad, even for a small block. Over the weekend, I prepared A-3 for hand applique (which I will do in the evening while watching TV with Fred) and completed A-4.
How much fun!!
K

1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

All I can say is WOW & good luck!
I can't stay on track long enough to complete such a quilt!