Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Quilts in the "Sewing the Block" Stage

Here is my list of quilts in the making-the-block stage


1. Forever Friends Quilt - I am drawn to quilts with beehives on them because they remind me of my daughter, Melissa. Her name is Greek for "honeybee." I have gotten her lots of bee things for gifts over the years and bees have become her trademark, so to speak. I am going to hang this quilt in my living room. I am trying to make a variety of quilts that match my living room so that I can rotate them. That helps to decrease the amount of light to which they are exposed and also makes it more interesting to look at.
I have finished the block with the beehive (of course!), the block with the red roofed birdhouse and blue butterflies, and the greenish birdhouse in the middle. The next one is the birdhouse with the red and white checkboard pattern. These are really fun blocks to make! I am really looking forward to making the border, for once! I usually do not really like making borders, but this one looks like fun!
2. Rosebud Lane Cottage Quilt - This quilt is for our master bedroom wall. Our bedroom is red and green and also has a "victorian house" kind of theme. I have all kinds of victorian house pics and such, so I thought this would look great above our bed. My husband, Fred, is so cool with our bedroom decor. He is not worried that it is too feminine. He just wants me to be happy. What a neat guy!
I have finished the top three houses. I am getting ready to work on the left bottom one.

3. Main Street Quilt - This is another quilt that I have planned to hang on the living room wall. It is sure great that I have such high ceilings! You can probably tell that I like old-fashioned houses!



4. Summer Lonestar Quilt - This is a pic from my sewing room while the quilt is on the design wall. Here is another pic of how it "should" look when I am done! I am not exactly sure what I am going to do this this quilt. I may hang it in my office. These are not the colors of my house, but I really like jewel-tone colors and I liked this quilt so much that I decided to go with the brights instead of the duller country colors.


5. Montana Cartwheel - Another quilt for my living room wall. I just love the way this quilt looks! Of course, mine is planned for browns, greens, and red.

No comments: