Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Life Happens
I have not posted in so long, I can't even remember all the changes I have gone through. Let's see, since 2005, I have:1. Changed jobs2. Begun commuting3. Started loving podcasts4. Decreased my priority for constant working5. Started quilting at least 30 minutes every day6. Developed ulcerative colitis7. Had my son be accepted to a doctoral program8. Had both my children enter relationships with the opposite sex9. Fallen in love with my husband every dayThat's all for now! Just remember that everywhere you go, there you are!K
Labels:
posted by Kathy @ 10:32 AM 0 comments
Saturday, September 10, 2005

I am a redhead
Wow! I haven't blogged in quite a while...today Melissa colored my hair red. I just felt like a change and wanted to cover the gray. I am awaiting the final wash and rinse and blow-dry. I will let you know how it turns out.I am very upset about the Hurricane and our government's non-response. It is really pathetic. I was initially shocked, then angry, and now really embarrassed. It should not have happened that way. Of course, nature has a mind of her own, but the real disaster was man-made.K
posted by Kathy @ 6:38 PM 4 comments
Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Air America Rocks!
Here it is, almost 2 months after my last update (I am getting really bad!). I have been busy, yes, but I am also feeling so much better lately that it is harder for me to sit at a computer. Anyhoo...I have been listening to Air America lately and I have found it to echo my own thoughts about what is happening to our country. I am frightened about the move to religiousity. Did we forget about the separation of church and state that the founding father's initiated? Did we forget that not everyone in the United States is a Christian? Did we forget that we are the melting pot and that our government should be the government of the people and not the government for certain people? Why are those in power pushing government so far off track? Why are those of us, who are not in power, NOT doing something about it? I can't believe that so many people take everything the neocon's say as true! It is not. The media is controlled by the government and special interests and does not reflect the real situation out there. Anyway, off my soap-box...Listen to Air America! Hear the truth! Know what is really happening!K
posted by Kathy @ 4:43 PM 0 comments
Friday, February 18, 2005

I Have Been Assimilated
Yesterday was a beautiful day and today is another. I actually went grocery shopping and purchased some (for the first time in two years) primroses for the garden. I want to get them planted this weekend, even if it does rain. I also bought (lots) of food for the weekend since Big J is coming home for the weekend.Yes, Big J is coming home and I am so happy. I miss that boy so much!. He has our weekend planned out already. On Saturday we are going back to UP to see the basketball game and watch him play the tuba in the pep band. On Sunday, we are going back to UP to see the Concert Band and watch him play the tuba. I think it is so funny that he loves playing the tuba. In high school, every time I asked him if he liked the tuba, he would say, " Not at all." When he stopped playing the tuba his senior year, I would ask him if he missed playing the tuba, and he would say, "Not at all." I began to think he didn't like playing the tuba. Now, of course, is a different matter entirely.Mina Bird is off for 5 days - school holiday. Boy, if I was a kid! They didn't do that back in my day!I had to walk uphill to school in the snow, both directions and there were no holidays or days off...wait a minute - I sound just like my parents! Oh no! I have been assimilated by the ElderBorg!Tonight is My Honey's birthday party. He turns 48. I can't believe that I am married to a 48 year old. Can we be THAT old? Where did the time go? He is not that happy about turning 48 I don't think, but we are getting him an X-box for his birthday, so I guess he is really regressing while I am aging. Maybe once you turn 45, you start to go backwards? Last night I watched two movies, "Vanity Fair" and "The Notebook." I recommend Vanity Fair - not a happy ending, so Big J would like it, but also a good commentary on life. I found the acting quite good. The story of Becky Sharp's rise and fall was what the character of Scarlett O'Hara was based upon. I can see many similarities.Well I better get back to work again...K
posted by Kathy @ 12:04 PM 0 comments
Thursday, February 17, 2005

Longing for Daffodils
What a gorgeous day it is today. Sun shining, birds singing, plants growing. It feels like spring. My new medicine must be working because I am feeling pretty good lately and I even have a little bit of energy. I am actually looking forward to spring and summer so that I can get out in the garden. I would really like to plant some vegetables, weed and prune the roses, and get some dead stuff cleaned up, but of course, it is going to rain this weekend. You know the old joke: "What do you call two days of rain in a row when you live in Oregon?" Answer: "a weekend."I stayed home late this morning because Melissa had no school (5 day weekend for President's Day). It was delicious to sleep in. I got to play with the weinies and then watch "Simply Quilts." I love that show! Last night I decided to let myself enjoy a bit of sewing. I sewed on Melissa's graduation quilt. I also worked on the Patriotic Yellow Brick Road. It lit some candles and enjoyed the fragrance as I sewed. It was thrilling!I stopped by my parents house yesterday after school and visited with them. Kurt and Kaylee came up. Kaylee is so cute! They got a new puppy named Zoe. She is a black lab and about 10 weeks old. She jumped on me and rubbed all over. When I got home Didi had a fit and sniffed me all over. Then she boycotted me and refused to spend any time with me all night. I really made her mad! When it was bedtime I finally got a little attention.Well, that's enough for now...K
posted by Kathy @ 2:28 PM 0 comments
Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My Big J Boy
posted by Kathy @ 10:47 AM 1 comments

Random Rumblings
I am tired today after a busy day yesterday. We had the annual Longview Christian School Health Screening. I assigned the LERN students to a station as managers and I must say they did very well. I was really impressed with their abilities to function, delegate, and problem-solve. The 103 students were also there, of course, and did extremely well. I have to say that this class of 103 students has been one of my favorites. They are smart, yet not too stressed, positive, and enthusiastic about learning. This makes they a joy to teach!Charlotte officially gave notice that she is retiring this year. I will miss her so much. I will miss her plopping down in my office every morning with her healthful McDonald's breakfast, bending my ear until it hurts and I have cauliflower ear, and nagging me like a willful wife would. I am glad for her that she is getting out of an extremely stressful department like this one. I wish I could go with her.I got home yesterday and rested for a while then worked on LERN, as usual. I had to write a bunch of test questions for 248. The puppies had to sleep on my lap, all rolled up in a ball. I could hardly see over their bodies to type on the laptop.I left the dogs in the house yesterday (and this morning) since it has been only 20 degrees and they have no fur to protect their little weinie bodies. If I had put them out in the morning, I would have come home to cold dogs instead of hot dogs!I watched Doctor Zhivago last night while I worked. This is definately one of my favorite movies of all time. I love it for it's beauty in photography, as well as it's story. Living through that revolution and it's subsequent chaos must have been incredible for all those people. I cannot imagine what it must have been like. I am finding that the early 20th century is a very interesting time period in history. There were so many dramatic changes that took place, shaping cultures forever.I get to bring my Big J home on Friday. I am really looking forward to seeing him for the weekend. I miss that boy so much. I am so proud of all his accomplishments! He is doing so well at the University of Portland and growing into an incredible person. I can hardly believe he came out of my gene pool!Tonight I am working on LERN again. I hope to do some quilting. I really need to take my own advice and quilt 15 minutes per day like I tell everyone else to do. Currently, I am working on Mina Bird's graduation quilt and a Yellow Brick Road made from flannels of red, white, and blue, kind of patriotic in theme.Time to get some more work done...K
posted by Kathy @ 9:54 AM 0 comments

No comments: